The Ultimate Tournament
Kobolds of the world
Kobolds are creatures of the dark, found most commonly in enormous underground warrens or the dark corners of the forest where the sun is unable to reach. Due to their physical similarities, Kobolds loudly proclaim themselves the scions of dragonkind, destined to rule the earth beneath the wings of their great god-cousins, but most dragons have little use for the obnoxious pests.
While they may speak loudly of divine right and manifest destiny, Kobolds are keenly aware of their own weakness. Cowards and schemers, they never fight fair if they can help it, instead setting up ambushes and double-crosses, holing up in their warrens behind countless crude but ingenious traps, or rolling over the enemy in vast, yipping hordes. The Kobolds have made a grudge against the elves for invading and taking over their clan cave, which is of the up most value to them as it’s the only place they worship their god, Insania. Cause of this, (And the fact they don’t believe they can get it back on their own), the Kobolds have united the ever growing goblin tribes and now wage war with the Empire for Ratis Mountain, the home of their beloved clan cave.
Kobold coloration varies even among siblings from the same egg clutch, ranging through the colors of the chromatic dragons, green with being the most common but white, red, blue, and black Kobolds are not unheard of. Based on their color Kobolds grow up with a racial trait only Kobolds of their color possess.
- –4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 intelligence: Kobolds are fast and intelligent but quite weak and so fragile.
- Small: Kobolds are Small and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Normal Speed: Kobolds have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Kobolds can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Armor: Kobolds have a +1 natural armor bonus.
- Crafty: Kobolds gain a +10 racial bonus on Craft (trapmaking), +2 Perception, and +2 Profession (miner) checks. Craft (trapmaking) and Stealth are always class skills for a Kobold.
- Scamper: Kobolds receive a +1 Ac bonus against larger foes and to avoid natural hazards.
- Coloration: based on a Kobolds color they have the following Racial trait:
- Black: Widely dispersed in forests, swamps, and underground, the black-scaled Kobolds are better swimmers than their brethren and gain a +4 racial bonus on Swim checks.
- Blue: The blue variant of Kobolds appears most often within tribes dominated by other scale colors. They are said to be among the best diabolists and schemers, and gain a +1 inherent bonus to their Wisdom. Many are powerful clerics of Insania
- Green: These are the standard forests Kobolds, well camouflaged in leafy undergrowth. They gain an additional +4 racial bonus on Stealth checks.
- Red: These Kobolds are pyromaniacs and make extensive use of fire, especially the alchemical and magical kinds. These Kobolds gain a +2 bonus to the DC of any spell they cast with the fire subtype and a +2 bonus on saves made against fear effects. Most are a bit more arrogant than average Kobolds.
- White: Like the blues, white-scaled Kobolds are a little less frequent than other types. They are often powerful sorcerers, gaining a +1 bonus to the DC of any spell they cast with the cold subtype and a +1 inherent bonus to their Charisma.
- Draconic Trait: Kobolds do possess dragon blood in them, and even though they may not powerful like dragons, they do share the classic trait of all dragons: the infamous breath weapon. Based on the Kobold’s color every Kobold can release a breath weapon as a move action that does 1d8 of the told appropriate damage (Reflex DC 10+Constitution modifier for half). Kobolds must wait 1d4 rounds between each use.
Black: Acid, 15-foot line
Blue: Electricity, 15-foot line
Green: Acid, 10-foot cone
Red: Fire, 10-foot cone
White: Cold, 10-foot cone